In this first we are going to introduce most popular programming languages for Web development, called PHP. The meaning of PHP is Hypertext Preprocessor.
By using PHP, we can easily generate dynamic webpages. Rasmus Lerdorf is the creator of PHP in 1994. Generally PHP scripts are executed on the server side and the response or result is sent to the client (Web browser) as plain HTML.
We can integrate with most of the databases by using PHP including popular MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and so on. The latest version of PHP is 7. PHP is most powerful programing language and at the same time it is easy to learn for beginners.
What Is PHP?
PHP is open source, server-side, scripting language used for the develop dynamic web applications.
What does open source mean?The technology details can be reusable, modified, and adopted without the fear of any legal repercussions. SO any one can use PHP to develop world class web applications without any legal problems.
By using HTML we can only design the web page that can work on client (Web browser) only. On the other side, with PHP server-side scripting language, it’s executed on the server before it gets to the web browser of the user.
We can easily embed PHP in HTML, and create web pages for web applications, e-commerce applications, and database applications. It’s also called as a friendly language with abilities to connect with many popular databases easily.
PHP is most popular server-side programming language on the web. We can conect PHP with most popular MySQL database, and an excellent collection of libraries to cut your development time. There are many web development scripts are available but still PHP does the job well. Most popular social networking platform facebook also developed in PHP.
What are the things we can do with PHP?
- Generate web pages dynamically
- Create, open, read, write and close files on the server.
- Collect data from a using by using form such as user information, address, email, mobile etc.
- Send emails to the users from our website using PHP mail() function.
- Track users in our website by using cookies.
- Integrate with various databases and store, delete, and modify information in your database.
- Restrict unauthorised users to access our website.
- Encrypt data for safe transmission over internet to prevent hacking attacks.